Fredrick “Rick” Powell is a USA certified boxing instructor, former amateur kickboxing competitor and competitive grappler, having competed for Portland based amateur kickboxing promotion Valhalla Gala, and as a grappler in several Oregon based Submission League tournaments, as well as the California based Grappling X promotion and the Jiu Jitsu Worlds tournament in Long Beach California.
Meet Other Trainers
Our Portland City Boxing trainers conduct fitness and specialized classes that will improve your fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing but most importantly your health! Get in shape while learning how to box and have fun doing it. Our coaches and staff are ready to help you meet you goals.
- CERTIFIED ELITE PERSONAL TRAINER (ISSA)
- CERTIFIED STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COACH (ISSA)
- CERTIFIED SPORTS NUTRITION SPECIALIST (ISSA)
- PLANT-BASED NUTRITION COACH (CORNELL UNIVERSITY)
- TRAINED WITH SANGTIENNOI (PATHUM THANI) SASIPRAPA (BANGKOK) & KHONGSITTHA (LAT PHRAO)
- TBA CERTIFIED REFEREE & JUDGE (THAI BOXING ASSOCIATION SANCTIONING AUTHORITY)
- 2X TBA CLASSIC ALUMNI - COMPETITOR & CORNER (WORLD THAI BOXING ASSOCIATION)
- TBA INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT CAMP ALUMNI (DOUBLE DOSE MUAY THAI - FONTANA, CA)
- USA BOXING CERTIFIED COACH
- FUNCTIONAL SELF-DEFENSE INSTRUCTOR; ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-2019 (REED COLLEGE)